This camp is “January Camp Three 2023 | Grades 7 – 9 in 2023 | January 22nd – 27th”
- Riverbend is a Christian campsite administered by the Christian Brethren Churches of Circular Head. It is an absolute expectation that campers WILL join in ALL camp activities including games, Bible studies and devotions. Failure to do so will result in the camper being sent home.
- All volunteer workers aged 16 & above including staff at Riverbend are required to have a current ”Working with vulnerable people” card
- Signing children in and out of camp must be done by a parent/guardian/carer
- Riverbend staff will not release children to a non-custodial person without parent/guardian authorization
- No parents/guardians/carers are to approach other children during pick up or drop off times to discuss camp issues. All such discussions are to be held with Riverbend site staff only.
At Riverbend we want to care for each child who comes to our holiday camps. This begins when the child is dropped off and continues until they are picked up by their legal parents/guardians. To help us please fill in the following details. Please note that all information is treated confidentially. Cabin leaders and support staff are briefed on medical/behavioural problems that may require special care. Due to the staffing of the camp, please come at the times listed as outside of these times our leaders may not be able to provide sufficient time to look after your child and attend our induction and debriefing sessions prior to the commencement of camp.
We want to have a safe and positive camp environment. Upon receipt of this application each camper will be sent a code of conduct to read and adhere to. If campers are not prepared to agree to this code of conduct, you are invited to phone us and withdraw your application. Campers are not to bring mobile phones, laptops, electronic games, CD players, MP3 players, knives, scissors, swap cards, tarot cards, matches or lighters. Aerosol deodorant cans are not permitted due to health reasons. Absolutely no drugs, alcohol or cigarettes are allowed at camp.
Parent / Guardian Consent & Authority
By making this application, I agree to the following conditions for the camper/s named in this application to attend the Riverbend Youth Centre for the period noted and agree to them participating in the activities provided by Riverbend Youth centre. These may include messy games, indoor games, outdoor games, Flying Fox, Flying Squirrel, Gyrobix, Waterslide, pool visit, excursions, Jumping Pillow, Indoor Bungee Run, Indoor Jumping castle and push bikes. I understand that all campers are required to observe all necessary safety rules given by Riverbend staff and leaders. I appreciate that there are risks involved in these activities. I understand that whilst every care will be taken, Riverbend staff and leaders cannot and do not guarantee that campers will not sustain personal injury or loss or theft of property during their camp. I release Riverbend Youth centre from all claims arising out of personal injury, or loss or theft of property sustained by the camper/s named in this application during their camp except only to the extent that said personal injury or loss of theft of property is occasioned due to negligence on the part of Riverbend, its staff or its leaders.
I agree to advise Riverbend Youth centre if, prior to the camp commencing, the applicants/s contract any ailments considered to be detrimental to the health of other campers.
I authorise Riverbend staff to obtain for the applicant/s all medical treatment and attention considered reasonably necessary at my expense, provided I am notified of the circumstances and treatment required as soon as practicable.
I understand that if the camper does not abide by Riverbend’s code of conduct, camp management reserves the right to contact me and have them sent home from the camp.